Roland J Rankin Jr

Owen Davies wrote:
Hi, Rol. Welcome to rec.crafts.woodturning.

1) Is there a FAQ and where can I find it?

Nope.

2) Is this the Proper group for I think it's called "galoot" woodworking?

Nope. This is strictly woodturning. As in lathes and stuff. The Galoots
are on the OldTools mailing list. Take a look at
http://homepage.mac.com/galoot_9/galtprog.html for instructions on how
to join The Porch, as it's known, and other good stuff. John Gunterman's
site at http://www.shavings.net/ will give you a bit more of the flavor,
plus some useful reference material.

The other questions are better suited to rec.woodworking, though the
folks at The Porch can probably tell you about plane making. However, I
can tell you that Ron Hock's blades are about as good as they get.

Correct me if I am wrong please. I don't use any electricity, or fuels
for my wood working only treadle machines I can build myself, or
quality hand tools I'm to able make or obtain.

Of course, if you would like to tell us how you built a treadle
lathe--preferably with directions to a Web site with pics--you have
definitely come to the right place!

Owen Davies

Eeek, I was wondering why I was seeing so many posts on turning.. (been
lurking the wrong group for days now) Guess I removed the wrong group.
instead of this one.. grrr.

Sorry about that, thanks for the heads up I'll be moving along now, come
back when I've got some turning to talk about.

Roland J Rankin jr.