Doug & Pat Black

I believe the problem can be solved throught the use of a spindle drum.
construct a drum to proper specifications of the leg, length. place recesses
in each end plate to hold the stock then add a second end plate. Mount the
number of legs you wish to turn in the drum attaching with a screw through
each end. The drum should contain spacers between each of the mounting
points. you turn you turn down to the spacer prior to mounting the legs. You
can use stock of any size as long as the recess is properly constructed. I
am being simplistic in my description but I am sure there are people out
there who could help..

To turn an ellipse turn the stock to the desired thickness and shape. then
remount each leg by tuning it over once. 180 degrees. the circumference of
the drum will dictate the curve. Old europe spindle turners used this
technique often and keep a variety of drums and sample patterns on hand.