chicagofan

This home was new 20 yrs ago and the floor was not level then?

It's really almost 19 yrs, but yes... from build date.

Before
I put a new one down I would find out exactly what's wrong and how to
fix it. The way you initially described it, I had the image of an old
house with lots of uneven settlement. A problem that might continue
and could be costly to fix because there could be structural issues.
But if were talking about a floor that was just a little uneven when
the house was built 20 years ago and has stayed pretty much the same
over that time, I think that's a different story. I would definitely
look at what it would take to get the floor straightened out, as it may
very well not be that expensive or hard to do.

Since the floor structure is open in the unfinished storage room below, I will
ask for estimates, if they can see what is wrong. Thanks for the advice.
bj