Phil Addison

On 27 Apr 2005 08:22:07 -0700, in uk.d-i-y wrote:

Phil Addison wrote:
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 08:43:24 GMT, in uk.d-i-y Phil Addison
wrote:

re jizer:

If I have time before going away will look to see if label has more
info.

http://www.h-e-d.co.uk/debJizer.htm made by Deb Products Ltd

thanks, I now have at least a rough idea of what it is, oily solvents.
Paraffin or diesel would do similar job, those are the traditional
options for vehicle degreasing, and than steam cleaning. Emulsify them
in water and the resulting muck might even be water suspendable.

Its ages since I've used paraffin but I'm sure Jizer is a lot different,
not least in that after rinsing off the parts dry clean, whereas
paraffin IIRC leaves a greasy film. Anyone that does car oily car
repairs would be well advised to give it a try. I also use it as a
cleaning bath for smaller dismantled car parts. I don't have a steam
cleaner big enough for car steaming so can't comment on that.

RS have more description here http://tinyurl.com/e467h, also seems a bit
cheaper.

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/