rickluce

I can't remember which one is the sliding miter table... the one that
is permanently attached or the one that fits into the miter channel.
Just to let you know the sliding tables(mountable type) do take up a
great deal of room. I do have one for my unisaw(delta brand), but have
removed it recently. Accuracy is achievable, but continuously
questionable. There is a limit to the depth of cross cut. My table is
slightly warped.
I've also seen the miter type sliding tables and they are extremely
heavy. They also have a method of making miter cuts by pivoting the
fence. Most of my crosscuts are 90 deg and I find myself not trusting
the 90 deg stop on this unit.

They both work, but I myself think that a home made one works the best.

Scotty wrote:
I am shopping for a table saw, and have narrowed the choices
down to the Unisaw and a couple others. I really like the
sliding tables, and see that Delta has one too.

I would like some comments about the Delta sliding mitre table
on a Unisaw, as to accuracy, smoothness, solidity, etc...

Also, any comments good or bad as to sliding tables in general,
such as why I should avoid them, or why I would love one would
be welcome. Any experience with other makers' tables, such as
Jet and Grizzly?

Thanks so much,
Scotty