Patriarch

Scotty wrote in newsan.2005.04.27.17.45.41.973469
@ibigsky.com:

snip

I would like some comments about the Delta sliding mitre table
on a Unisaw, as to accuracy, smoothness, solidity, etc...

http://woodpeck.com/miter5000.html

A buddy has one of these on his Unisaw, and likes it. He has a lot of crap
to remove from the saw when it comes time to rip anything very large with
it, however. Often, he just crosses the street, and uses my saw, which is
far less 'accessorized.'

I use shop-built sleds similar to those Barry mentioned in his post. They
are of sufficient accuracy and scale for most of my projects. Large panels
are handled with a circular saw and guide rail.

Patriarch