Lobster

Alan wrote:
As I said before, this is readily available from your local mower
repair place.

Well I was over that part of town today and called in: result! Many thanks.

You can either get the flylead and rewire your B&D or alternatively,
there is an adapter which will convert the B&D male to a flymo male -
no rewiring.

Got the flylead.

Actually, the other day at B&Q I found an flymo extension cable which
has the flymo male and female (rewirable) plugs at either end. Made by
Masterplug, and as there was an invitation on the label to "visit our
website" (www.masterplug.com) I later did so, to see if there was any
mention of the male flymo plug on sale. But no - what a bizarre
corporate site! (definitely the right Masterplug - same logo).

David