RichardS

wrote in message
ups.com...

Gel wrote:
Use this one meant for overseas customers; nice Geordie person will
assist at Normal phone rate:
0191 512 7003

I had similar problem with E bay purchase; arrived from Austria in UK
quickly, then took 8 days for 25 miles from Oxford to Newbury area.
Tracking showed was out several days, but we saw no parcelforce
attempts or "U were out" cards. After speaking to them and declining

pay £11.50 for Saturday del'y, they eventually del'd on the

Saturday;
ie 8 days after they received.

It seems they now will not even attempt to deliver anything from
overseas that has duty owing. Whereas a few months ago you could pay
the duty on delivery, you now have to wait for the letter telling you
that they have a parcel. You can then ring up and pay by credit card
over the phone (but not after 3:00pm on a Friday - lazy gits) or cheque
by post (which adds even more delay).

The only good thing is that in the same phone call you can tell them to
deliver it to your local Post Office if there's a risk of you missing

the delivery. The PO will charge you 50p for the service.

yes, that's a useful service, and the 50p is well worth it if you'd
otherwise have to hang around the house, take half a day off, etc.

seems to me that post office counters are missing an opportunity to offer
this to other couriers.

--
Richard Sampson

mail me at