Leonard Caillouet

Do not try to alter the horizontal width in hardware. You obviously do not
understand the operation or design of the circuits enough to do so without a
high probability of damage to the set.

Leonard

"Karyudo" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 03:27:08 -0400, "JANA" wrote:

I would [...] invest in the service manual.

Sounds good. Where can I find one? I've heard something like Thomson
something-or-other, but that's not quite enough detail. Any more
hints?

In some models of sets, they use some resistors with jumpers that are
soldered to them to set the width. Some sets have a connector that is
selectable for the width. Another way of doing this, is that there may be

pot or width coil on the main chassis in the horizontal output area.

All three of these are strategies I would pursue. Changing out a
jumper -- or even a resistor -- is within my cautious capabilities, I
think. If I were to take the back of the set off, what would I be
looking for, and where would I look for it? Any hints on what sort of
label (e.g. printed on the PCB?) I'd see? (Oh, and don't worry: I'm
not going to touch anything metal until it's been off for the better
part of a day, lest I fry myself or something else).

Thanks for your help!