I only have experience with DeWalt. Mine is now about two years old and
I am extremely impressed with this tool! My drill is only 12V, but it's
the XRP which I highly recommend (it's definitely more expensive). I
bought an extra battery and charger (total three batteries) before
starting the project of decking my attic. I was drilling some pilot
holes and driving 3" sheetrock screws into the framing with no pilot
holes. It was a four day project and I never needed the extra battery
and charger because one battery would last long enough to charge the
backup. The drill has plenty of power as well, and I like the variable
speed trigger plus three ranges (geared).

I don't know about any other brands, but I have no reason to
experiment. DeWalt has earned my brand loyalty.

For what it's worth, while my house was being built, almost every
single contractor that I saw carried DeWalt tools. They're either great
tools, or they are very good at marketing to the pros.

Tom