George

"Bill C." wrote in message
I usually start my bowls on
a faceplate and turn a dovetail in the bottom for hollowing. There are a
lot of other ways to get there, but I am comfortable with this.

So now I grip work too firmly to shake easily, but not tight enough to
stress. It took some practice and could use some refinement. But I think
I've begun to get a handle on how tightly to grip this beautiful wood we
work with.

I use a pin chuck or pin jaws rather than a faceplate, and that tail stock
stays engaged until I'm ready to make the final passes. HATE that flying
wood.
http://groups.msn.com/NovaOwners/geo...nw?albumlist=2

A Longworth is on my "nice to have" list.