Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Tim Mitchell writes:
In article , Andrew Gabriel
writes
Electrical Wholesaler?

When I was in one a couple of weeks ago, an electrician was trying
to buy old colours as he was working in the local hospital, and they
have banned the use of new colours throughout the whole premises.
Wholesaler was saying they've had lots of requests for old colours
as many large organisations have now done this, so they're looking to
get old colours back as a stock item. They only had 1mm T&E in old
colours left in stock at the time though. A work colleague also
saw one of our customers had put notices up in all their wiring
closets forbidding use of new colours, as ordered by their health
and safety officer.

That's a typical h&s officer reaction, what are they going to do when
the new colours become mandatory? rewire the whole place?

The new colours don't become mandatory for them.
In some of the circumstances, it may be that the new colours
have been in use for many years with a different meaning.

--
Andrew Gabriel