stretch

It depends on where you are. Here in Horry County, SC permits are
required in the cities for most repair work and all new work. In the
county, repair work often does not, but new work over $500.00 does.

Some cities and counties in South Carolina have no building dept or
inspectors at all!

It depends on wher you live. We often think that everywhere else is
just like where we are, but that is not always the case.

If you have a building dept, ask them. You may not get correct answers
here for that question unless you state where you are.

Stretch