Andrew Gabriel

In article .com,
writes:

As we've been so long without water I'm past getting the gas folks
involved. I've phoned a couple of suppliers here in glasgow. Both only
have Main multipoint in stock. Should i go for this or put an oder in
for vokera or Ferroli. (Boilers in basement so no size or noise
issues.) Reliability is my main concern.

There are two Main versions, a very simple one which doesn't even
require an electricity supply and has to back on to an outside wall
for the flue, and a fanned flue version which can drive a longer
concentric flue but requires an electricity supply. Both are room
sealed.

I have a slightly earlier version of the one with no electricity
supply. Mine has thermostatic control and modulating burner, but
there was also a version without this at the time (just had a flow
valve). Off-hand, I don't know if their current replacement model
for this has thermostatic control or not.

The whole thing is very simple -- I think the previous one lasted
about 20 years (not sure exactly when it was installed), and the
replacement when I needed it was quite an easy switch over, as the
new ones were designed to bolt on to the flues of very much older
ones (the whole thing hangs from the flue).

--
Andrew Gabriel