raden

In message , Joe
writes
wrote:
:::Jerry:::: wrote:

If HMG want us to have compulsory ID cards then we will have
compulsory ID cards, like it or not.

wrong, obviously. The government and the governed always exist in a
balance of power, and it must be so for society to remain reasonably
healthy.

So if a new government, of whatever party, enacts a law on May 6th (or
10th, or whenever it gets its act together) requiring compulsory ID
cards, we can... do what, exactly?

Bear in mind that the current large overall government majority results
from the votes of less than a quarter of the electorate.

Ah, but there will be more votes by proxy (i.e. stolen postal votes). A
journalist on the news tonight logged on, downloaded someone else's
voting form, and would have been able to vote in his name.

If they can't even get something as straightforward as postal voting
sorted , how the hell can we trust them with what is, effect, your total
identity ?

--
geoff