raden

In message , doozer
writes
raden wrote:
In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"raden" wrote in message

When I was a child we couldn't afford peanuts. Nor more than one hammer
:-(

So, having a sledgehammer to crack a nut was out on both counts then

Yes sigh

show off mode on
However, peanuts aren't nuts, they're a type of bean.
show off mode off

You mean pedant mode and /pedant mode ...
Did they teach you nothing at school ?

I know I shouldn't stick my oar in here but...

If you want your mark up to be valid XML which is what it seems to be
trying to be then you can't have a space between pedant and mode e.g.
it should be

pedant-mode
Some content
/pedant-mode

However from the point of view of making it extensible I would instead
used a tag called pickyness with a level attribute. The legal attribute
values of level of course being constrained by an XML Schema. Giving:

pickyness level="pedant"
More Content
/pickyness

Do I win the most pedantic prize?

Not even off the starting blocks for uk-diy

but you're well in the lead in this thread

--
geoff