Michael A. Terrell

Dave wrote:

I don't have any HP user or service manuals, but I suspect they are
copyrighted. Has anyone ever asked Agilent for permission to copy an HP
manual and put it on the web.

I asked Agilent as was refused permission to put copies on the web.

BUT they said they can grant me permission to distribute (charging if I
wish) copies of manuals for obsolete equipment on CD or paper - but not
the web.

I was sent a short half-page letter, asked to fill it in, sign it, send
it back and are awaiting confirmation of permission by email.

So it is not as bad as it seems.

So anyone selling CDs on eBay can do it legally if they ask permission
first - I doubt many do.

Did they say if you could list the files you have on a website so you
can sell or trade CDROMs?

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell