Larry Jaques

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:31:54 -0400, the inscrutable Robatoy
spake:

In article om,
" wrote:

anybody have suggestions for the
best of the current cordless drills?

I'm in the same boat. My 14.4 Milwaukee is 4+ years old, still going
strong, but the charges don't seem to last as long anymore.
But the service it has given me makes think I would go to them again.
BUT!
Since I bought it, there have been some strides made by other
manufacturers. The big buzz is all about Panasonic these days...however,
Milwaukee just raised the stakes with their VERY expensive 28 volt
system. Expensive like Festool.

After playing with 12-18v Bosch Impactors at the tool fest last
Saturday, I'd opt for a Bosch 14.4 volter. If you see the Big
Blue Truck Tour in your area, go down there. They had $30-50 the
sale prices if you bought that day. The one I looked at was $160
after the discounts. Bosch makes damned nice stuff (at about half
the price of Panasonic.)

My lone question is: How good are their batteries?

Do. Or do not. * Stylin' Web Design Services
There is no try. --Yoda * http://www.diversify.com