J. Clarke

88keys wrote:

I need help finding a good source for strap hinges. I've scoured the
local hareware stores and Internet sites but haven't found what I need.

I'm looking for iron strap hinges that can be mounted (as center
mounts) on pintles to brick columns. I need pintles that are mounted
to metal plates that can be anchored against the column. Most of the
strap hinges I've seen have either flush mount, screw-in or drive-in
pintles. I've found some ironworker folks who can make what I need,
but at a steep price.

Anybody know where I can find these types of hinges/pintles?

Try googling "pintle gudgeon" (without the quotes). You'll find them as
marine supplies so either aluminum or stainless for the most part, but you
should find something that will do the job for you.

If I understand you correctly you're looking for something like the stuff
about halfway down http://www.apsltd.com/Tree/d3000/e727.asp only in iron
instead of aluminum.

--
--John