Robatoy

In article om,
" wrote:

anybody have suggestions for the
best of the current cordless drills?

I'm in the same boat. My 14.4 Milwaukee is 4+ years old, still going
strong, but the charges don't seem to last as long anymore.
But the service it has given me makes think I would go to them again.
BUT!
Since I bought it, there have been some strides made by other
manufacturers. The big buzz is all about Panasonic these days...however,
Milwaukee just raised the stakes with their VERY expensive 28 volt
system. Expensive like Festool.
I own some Festool gear, but I don't think they're likely to be the best
across the board. Their big router has no equal, IMHO, neither does
their Rotex sander, but that kind of money for a drill?
I own a lot of Milwaukee gear... you can't go wrong with them. (The
Milwaukee's 5616 router is the sweetest small router on the planet,
IMHO.)
IF.. and I repeat IF I am going to drop the big bucks, I'll probably go
with something I know.

Cordless drill...mmmmm
I will likely swallow deeply and do the 28 volt thing.
Unless I get to play with the Panasonic and makes up my mind for me.
There is also a good chance that I am missing some stuff from other
brands, so we'll see.

Good cordless stuff is expensive...that much I know.