Jim Bailey

Seems like the talk of the town is Panasonic these days. I've been looking
at them myself.

jim

wrote in message
ps.com...
At the risk of starting a flame-war, anybody have suggestions for the
best of the current cordless drills? I have a bunch of Dewalt cordless
tools (tried to stay with one brand for battery compatibility, but
they're old enough that I'm willing to consider switching) and a couple
of Makitas. I've been generally happy with both, but I've been looking
at Porter-Cable as well--ratings for the P-C drills are pretty poor on
Amazon. I've also noticed that neither Lowes nor home Depot seem to
sell much P-C anymore--not sure why, or even whether I think it's a bad
thing. I've never been impressed with Milwaukee cordless tools.

I used to try to buy American, but nothing seems to be made here
anymore, and in the last couple of years I've bought a few Hitachi and
Bosch tools, which have all been excellent, but none of those are
cordless...

I want something fairly lightweight for general purpose drilling and
screwdriving. It'll be used in a shop, so battery life isn't terribly
important, and 3/8" capacity is enough. I don't need a hammer drill. I
do want a good clutch and keyless chuck, and a tool that feels
right--not sure if that comes mostly from balance or materials or what.

I won't say price isn't an object, but I buy tools for the long-haul,
so it's pretty far down on the list of considerations.

Thanks,
Heath