Lane

wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 18:25:43 -0500, wrote:

Anyone here ever rebuild a 66 inline6 200. I am having problems with
the front suspension.

Richard

I have replaced on both sides--upper and lower control arms, all tie
rod ends, idler arm, sway bar bushings, strut rod bushings and have
gotten the car alighned. The problem is the passenger side inner tie
rod wants to bind up against the centerlink when turning one way and
the idler arm the other way. I can't figure it out. Maybe one you can
help me?

Richard

1966 is not a LATE model, it's an EARLY model.
Assuming that you put all the parts together correctly I say that you got
the wrong parts. I've rebuilt lots of Ford front ends including early
Mustangs, Fairlane, Falcons and have never had the problem. Since the front
end needs to be aligned anyway, if it is driveable you might want to drive
it to the alignment shop and have them look at it. They will do an inpection
anyway before they do the alignment, so it shouldn't cost you anything
extra.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Lane