B.B.

In article ,
Treedweller wrote:

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:09:07 -0500, "B.B."
. ru wrote:

My mom discovered two of these and gave them to me. Yay! Anyway,
one has some extremely old oil inside that's turned pretty much into
tar. What's the recommended way to get that crap out?
It also looks like it had a gasket inside of a lip around the base of
the screw-in spout. What's an acceptable substitute for that? Cereal
box?

It may not be readily available to you (unless you want to look up the
Dr.Pepper method and make your own) but biodiesel fuel is a better
solvent than any of these, has no real harmful components (unless you
don't get all the methoxide out), and is biodegradable (you can drink
it if you want, though I wouldn't). Keep it away from any paint or
other stuff you don't want "solvented".

Hmm. If I drank it and peed on some paint, could I put on some
super-impressive demonstration? "Hey, y'all, watch this!"
There's a station a ways north of me on I35 that has a big-assed
banner across the front saying "biodiesel." I guess I'll swing by there
and have a look.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/