Stormin Mormon

Sounds like you have isolated the problem. Excellent work.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ray K" wrote in message
The knob I use to select drying time in this White-Westinghouse dryer
doesn't move, regardless of whether set for timed or automatic drying.
With the dryer running, I measure 120 V across the motor. Resistance
across the motor, with one lead disconnected from everything, is 3000
ohms, which is about what it should be based on the 3 watt rating
stamped on it. Electrically, the motor seems okay. Looks like a
mechanical failure (e.g., gears) within the timer assembly. Anything
else I might be missing?

Thanks,

Ray