The Real Tom

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 03:15:57 GMT, "Noozer" wrote:

"toller" wrote in message
Regarding the bare ground wires that one twists together in the box, is
it
required to still put a wire nut on them, even though they are twisted
very well together ?

Around here they have to be crimped together; a wirenut is not acceptable.
Don't know if that is code everywhere.

Here a wirenut is a definate no-no. Using the ground screw in the box to
ensure a good bond is what they want. After that you need to use a bare
crimp. The plastic boxes we have still have a ground screw that will make
contact with whatever fixture, etc you install.

scratching head

Your plastic boxes have ground screws? Do you have a url to the
manufacturer's page, so I can see a picture?

thank you,

tom