Lesley

Default New roof needed for storage shed

Hi,

I have a 7'9" X 12' wooden storage shed in my back yard. Looks sort of
like a miniature barn. I'm going to paint it this spring to spiffen it
up, but it needs a new roof.

The old roof is tin or aluminum or something like this. It came with
the house I bought, so I don't know anything about where it came from.
I've googled for storage shed roofs, but haven't come up with any place
where I can just buy a roof. Does anyone know of any place that just
sells roofs? Or, what kind of contractor would I contact to have
someone make a roof? I can't imagine that the same people who put
roofs on houses would do something this small. . .and what is the best
kind of roof to put on? Should I replace it with aluminum/tin or
something else? It snows (in fact, it snowed last night), rains a lot
and gets pretty cold here, so whatever material is used will have to
deal with those elements.

The reason why it needs a new roof--it looks like someone used a giant
can opener on one side of the roof--like they were trying to get in
through the roof. I don't know what made the tear, but it doesn't look
repairable.

Thanks for your help!

Lesley