JimL

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 12:08:45 -0500, "HeyBub"

I have a metal roof that is totally rusted but seems to be
structurally sound--no leaks. However, I am worried about the
future. Can I sand and then coat this metal roof and expect the fix
to last a few years, or do I need to replace the whole thing?

Once something gets a protective coat of rust, it takes a LONG time for the
remaining material to oxidize (decades, most likely). For example, you will
never see a barbed-wire fence (rusty though it may be), "rusted through."

Sure we have.
You just ain't old enough or seen enough. But I do agree that it
took a long time. I think....
..