gstringe

At this point I have not checked any vert stuff. It had no hv and I
found the resistor in the hot ckt open and the hot bad, also a couple
of broken solder joints, one being burned in the yoke socket ckt. I
cracked off the outer coating on the resistor and measured around 10
ohms at about the middle of the resistor to one end so that is why the
guess of about 20 ohms. I surmise that the cracked and burned solder
connection on the yoke caused the hot and resistor to do a fade out. I
don't have a schematic and I could draw one up for the area I am in but
I thought I might pick a few brains of those who have seen this unit
before.

Thanks for the info on the vert, I will check that ckt before I fire
the set up.