Conan The Librarian

Ba r r y wrote:

I need finish suggestions for a useful project I completed today.

Should I allow it to build a patina with use, or stain and age it from
the get go?

I don't want to mess it up, as the project was completed entirely with
hand tools on locally grown wood. They don't just hand these things
out at paint stores!

http://www.bburke.com/wood/project.jpg

I can't believe some of the cretins who've given you advice on this.
Anything less than a coat of BLO followed by French polishing with the
finest Paddylac Superblonde would be an insult to a piece like that.

I'm surprised they didn't just tell you to slather some fruitwood
stain on it and cover it in poly or even *gasp* PAINT the thing.

Chuck Vance (oh the humanity)