John

wrote in message
oups.com...
Frank Erskine wrote:
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:09:58 GMT, Rick wrote:

I'd get a British Gas coverplan, and let it break down in 2weeks

time
- but then I hate British Gas.

Doesn't everyone?

:-)

--
Frank Erskine

As we've been so long without water I'm past getting the gas folks
involved. I've phoned a couple of suppliers here in glasgow. Both only
have Main multipoint in stock. Should i go for this or put an oder in
for vokera or Ferroli. (Boilers in basement so no size or noise
issues.) Reliability is my main concern.

A lot depends on the hardness of your local water. If the unit is scaled/ing
up then replacing certain parts on the gas side will likely be a waste of
investment in a reasonably short while when water side troubles show up.
I would suggest you take a ride down to your local plumbing merchants or
heating spares suppliers (look in yellow pages for a range of them) Price up
a suitable unit yourself and consider a like for like replacement.
Chaffateaux have shown very little in their ranges for years so you could
find the same or an identical (physically) model is still available,
possibly on offer to clear stocks following 1st April.
All you need then is an installer willing to work for sensible money