Lee Michaels

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 02:09:12 GMT, Larry Kraus
wrote:

It goes even more quickly with a radial arm saw. Laying the material
flat on the table top is much more stable than sliding it vertically
along a tall fence.

Wouldn't tolerate one taking up shop space.

Never saw one that could maintain even depth over a twenty four inch
dado.

LOL

I like radial arm saws, but I know EXACTLY of what you speak.

I have a friend who tried to cut a very hard peice of aluminium on his
radial arm saw. It caused the arm to bend upward. If you tried to cut a
3/8' dado on a 9' board, the dado would start at 3/8' and end almost at the
surface.

So what this guy did was to cut the dado from both directions. Then cut down
the sides with a hand saw. Then chisel out the rest.

Not exactly fine woodworking.