AlanBown

"maxinemovies" email on wrote in message
Good grief, building a house is a PITA. Every time we turn around,
something else is needed, and it never just costs a buck, it's a
hundred or two here, and thousand or three there.

So the budget is taking a hit and we're cutting back on some things so
we can have the important things. One of the things we're cutting back
on is fencing. We're only doing the back yard instead of the whole
property (1.25 acres.)

Any recommendations for type of fencing? We're out in the desert so a
white picket fence isn't the kind of thing we're looking for. Chain
link might turn out to be too expensive even.

What's that fence called that's made of wire and is about 8" squares?
We see a lot of that around here.

Someone referred us to a fencing company and we'll be calling them
soon, but I thought I'd try to find out a little first on my own so we
don't sound like total rubes to him, and so we don't get taken for a
ride.

Thanks much!

Maxi

Email addy upon request.

What do you expect this fencing to do? Privacy? Critters? How high? How
much area? What kind of gates? What kind of ground? Level? sloping? I
have a picture of a coyote sunning on top of a 6 foot column at a friends
home in North Phoenix. Watch out if you have small critters especially at
night or they will become coyote chow.