News wrote:
I'm debating whether or not to try and fix a computer that was turned on and
run for some period of time with the incorrect voltage set on the power
supply (220V instead of 110V.) I'm guessing that incorrectly setting the
input power on the supply causes a more or less standard effect on the
computer, most likely mother board power regulation - anyone know what this
effect is? Any help is greatly appreciated! I don't want to go down this
path just to find out every part on the board is toast!

Just replace the power supply and be done with it. It does not sound as
if you would be willing of replacing the blown electrolytics and
possibly diodes inside of the supply.

---
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Bakker.