Harold and Susan Vordos

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
snip-----and doesn't have the warnings you'd expect
about always adding acid to water rather than adding water to acid.

While it's a very good habit to acquire, it's not necessary with many acids.
There's not enough heat from reaction to create a hazard. Trouble is, you
never know which one will be trouble, although for sure sulfuric acid is.
I've mixed phosphoric acid with water countless times and have never had any
trouble with temperature.

What really screws with your mind is when you dissolve ammonium chloride in
hot water and it ends up icy cold. I've always wondered. Where does the
heat go? g

Thanks for the report. I gather there's nothing difficult about the
process. I hadn't considered using it hot, which appears to be key to
performance.

Harold