steve

On 25 Apr 2005 09:14:47 -0400, Sam Goldwasser
wrote:

But if the beam find function results in a bright trace, shouldn't that
mean the CRT is fine?

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

snip

Sorry, I should have specified. I just meant the latter, that the
brightness was just adequate. The Ser # is B021862, and there is no
sticker or note on the back, besides what looks like a hand-written
q.c. sticker, it says BES, S 6/28, I didn't open up the power supply
cage so I don't know if the xformer has the -01 suffix. I would love
to get this 'scope running if possible and not too expensive. My only
other two are both on their last legs, a T935a and a 422. What about
this one on ebay (item # 7510403355)? Does that screen problem look
like a damaged CRT, or possibly something else? Thanks for all the
great replies, I'd love to get this one back up again.

Steve