rashid111

Default Looking to ID brass or bronze alloy

For a reed plate for accordion - I have a piece of Russian made
"latun'" - L87 type. When trying to match it to American brass
I tried different types from McMaster, including "engravers brass" -
which is the hardest they offer. Still Russian material is harder ...
so I was wondering may be what I have is a bronze alloy (it is somewhat
darker in hue compared to brass). It is important to have right
hardness as I punch out reed slots on a fly wheel press

How does say 220 bronze alloy compare to brass in terms of hardness ?
I need to have a copper alloy with hardness of say 7075 Al (150 brinell
or thereabout), something w/o any health related issues.

TY
Rashid