Owain

Lobster wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
I'd certainly have a separate ring for the kitchen - and also look
carefully at the load on that before running the oven from that.

... I mean, all the high-load items
you describe above will be on the kitchen circuit, just that I'm calling
it a 'downstairs' circuit(!) - in addition to the (dining) kitchen, it
will only cover the living room and hall, and I can't see any high-load
appliances being used there. ...
Or maybe I should incorporate the living-room and hall circuits into the
upstairs ringmain, releasing the 'downstairs' ring just for the kitchen.
What do you think?

You could consider splitting the rings front and back rather than
upstairs/downstairs. That way the kitchen shares with the back bedrooms,
the lounge with the front bedrooms. As well as giving you two circuits
on every floor (so you still have power on every floor without having to
run an extension lead up the stairs) it means that the kitchen is shared
with rooms which are probably lightly used during the day.

If people are in the lounge (and you have eg temporary electric heaters
plugged in) they're less likely to be in the bedrooms, but lounge and
kitchen/oven use is likely to coincide.

Owain