Mary Fisher

"Sam Nelson" wrote in message

A close relative is having a replacement knee-joint this week, and getting
an epidural for it. GAs are best avoided, where possible.

Epidurals aren't foolproof.

Spouse had a hip replacement using one but because of a not understood but
chronic neurological problem he has it didn'twork and he was in absolutely
tertrible agony.

A simple anal suppositary analgesic gave relieve.

My point is that you shouldn't generalise. I've had lots of GAs for minor
(dental) and major (brain) surgery and I survived with nothing more than a
sore throat. Most people do.

Travelling by road is best avoided.

Mary

Mary
--
SAm. all sweeping generalisations are false