Bill

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:35:07 GMT, msterspy
wrote:

I have 3 oak trees in my yard (way in back) that I would like to get
removed. The quoted price is a bout $2000/tree. My neigbor some trees
removed form his property and spent a fortune. The crew was there for
about 4 hours and they took down thre trees in his yard. I'm not sure,
but I'm guessing it cost him about $6000 and they took the big logs to
a saw mill. Is this a resonable price? 25 years ago I had 5 trees
cut down for $500.00 (one day's work). Why is it so damn expensive
now? My salary did't go up by a factor of 10 in 25 years.

the same reason so many people are coming north from Mexico and
Central America to find work in North America...folks here are too
lazy to do hard work anymore! So, if you get it done it's gonna cost
you!

I am too tight to pay those kind of prices so when I needed to remove
one fallen tree and two other dead trees from my yard this spring I
pulled out my Stihl chainsaw and did it myself. It took me four
weekends of sawing and pushing the wheelbarrow to the curb. The city
hauled off the cut up limbs. I borrowed my bosses pickup truck to haul
off the cut up firewood. Not counting my four weekends of personal
time I brought this project in for under $150. I don't mind investing
"sweat" to save alot of money.

Regards,
Bill