John Musselman

James,

Since it's a constant current circuit, it should be simple. Take a look at
Figure 4 in the datasheet. (I'm looking at the Texas Instrument datasheet).
Just one resistor to set the current. Multiply that circuit by the number
of sections you need. Make sure you have a big enough resistor (1.2V times
2A = 2.4W, better use a 5W)!

Don't use the other example of parallel parts (Fig 13), it's for constant
voltage output.

John

"Coyoteboy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm already paralleling them I was hoping to grab about 2A out of
each one - they should cope i *think*, with a lot of cooling (which
they have, fan cooled heatsink). I'll give them a shot, if they go pop
I'll replace them lol.

My main confusion was the difference between current limiting and
thermal shutdown for power limiting i guess.

Cheers
James