Lobster

Andrew McKay wrote:
Lobster wrote:

what significance does the earthing system have on the circuit design?

Lots.

If you intend to do the re-cabling yourself then your follow-up
certificate which will be required may prove to be very expensive. If
you've hot-wired the earthing within the installation wrong then it will
need to be ripped out and started over. It will be cheaper and easier to
do the wiring correctly the first time.

OK, I'm listening...

What do you mean, hot-wiring the earthing? Of course I'll be doing it
properly, and getting it certified afterwards, which is why I posted my
circuit design here first for feedback, which I'm pleased to have
received. [It's my third full rewire, and my previous checks by a pro
came up (1) with very small easily remedied errors and (2)100% OK.
Previously I had run my wiring diagram past my pro first, who OK'ed it;
I assume that because my earthing plans were OK there was no need for
him to go into all the ins and outs of different earthing systems?]

Anyway - given the presence of an earthing block next to the CU,
connected to the CU, a clamp on the armoured cable, and (now) the
incoming gas/water pipes, what influence does this have on the wiring of
the ring mains and lighting circuits? They will all be T&E cable, with
CPCs wired in to the CU - how would this be affected by different earth
systems? Under what circumstances would all the wiring need to be
'ripped out and started over'?

Thanks
David