Paul Kierstead

Dan White wrote:
I know, a basic question. I'm not much of a woodworker, but was curious
about when plywood started to be accepted in high end furniture making
(assuming it is).

There are quite a few designs which can really only be achieved in
plywood (or other stable sheet good), and modern furniture designs have
used the properties of plywood to make new designs. Now 'round this
group, people lean towards traditional designs, all of which were
designed to account for wood movement. Many of our 'pretty' designs,
such as frame-and-panel, are compromises to account for wood movement.
But if you open your horizons some, you will see lots of things where
plywood is not a substitute for solid wood but instead a material all
its own.

PK