David & Betty Bridgeman

I also feel your pain. I bought a set of "plywood" bits. Tried the "1/4""
on a scrap. Worked great. On my latest project--I was furious. I assumed
the plywood would fit nice and tight. But no, no, no, loose as hell.

Just make a fricken standard. How hard is that.

David

"John Moorhead" wrote in message
Folks -

Okay, Sunday afternoon.... Just finished a glue up, and don't really want
to start a finishing project... So, how about a "shop job"? Sure, he
thinks - How about building that set of drawers for the bench? Maybe get
the crap off of the bench and into some drawers? Maybe? Got enough
poplar and pine on hand? Yep, good! Got 1/2" plywood for the gallery?
Yep, good! Not so fast, bubba....

Okay, I have several sheets of 1/2" ply... I take a look see, and
remember that I got a set of plywood thickness bits from Grizzly as a
Christmas gift.... Good chance to try 'em out making dadoes for the ply.
HA!

Okay, WTF? I have 1/2" plywood. One sheet is 1/2" right on the money.
Okay.. odd, but okay.. The other partial sheet is 23/32... That's what I
was expecting. The third partial is just *under* 7/16, and the last sheet
is something that is none of the above, although it *IS* exactly 9mm.

'Scuse me, but how the FAQ is this? I don't want to cut multiple width
dadoes - that's a recipie for disaster.

Am I now to expect that 1/2 ply, er, 23/32 can't be relied upon, and I
should expect something between 3/8" and a full 1/2"? This is NUTS.
Especially at close to 50 bucks a sheet.

How does your scrap bin measure up? This really is a ****er....

John Moorhead