Sam Nelson

In article ,
Owain writes:
raden wrote:
I've just lost half a molar from a stone in something I ate last week.
Anybody got any suggestions for what I can patch it up with until it's
time for my dental check up ?
i.e. something that can fill, be drilled and isn't toxic ?

Bring your dental checkup forward!!! Prompt treatment may enable the
tooth to be saved (using eg a crown). Delaying treatment may mean an
infected pulp and Very Bad Things[1]. A broken tooth justifies an
Emergency Appointment.

Or, if you leave it to go bad and nasty, and have yourself referred to your
local dental hospital, you can look forward to two or three years, on and off,
of two or three hours in a dentist's chair every two or three months, having
it dealt with. On the upside, I've met several of the nation's most beautiful
dentistettes, but on balance I think I'd've had it dealt with promptly.
Reaching the point of complacency with this sort of business that you can
actually fall asleep in a dentist's chair during treatment is not necessarily
a skill you want to acquire.

[1] This means not just Very Unpleasant Things but also, in today's
universally-available free-at-the-point-of-use cradle-to-grave N.H.S.,
Very Expensive Things.

Proportionately, no more expensive than before. The extra cost comes in the
form of petrol and car-parking, to get to the dental hospital.
--
SAm. all sweeping generalisations are false