Ian Stirling

Ian Stirling wrote:
wrote:
norm wrote:

I cleaned the scum off the back of my front teeth with a Dremel

and
an
appropriate looking polishing attachment.

I quickly found out why dentists have that squirty water thing.

You
can't spit out a hot tooth.

Lol. Theres a small but persistent tendency to do dentistry diy,

but it
does not have a good record.

While waiting to attend the dentist:

I used a signal-generator, and two stainless spoons with cling-film
across all but the end of the handle, across the gum, in order to

kill
dental pain.
IIRC about 500Hz squarewave at 1V worked best.

It took it from a stage where paracetamol/asprin made absolutely no
difference, and I was wondering if I had a suitable hammer to remove
the tooth, to being a slightly odd dull feeling in that part of the

jaw for
several hours.

AKA TENS.

Works impressively on front teeth. I tried to use it for surgery, but I
didnt get enough anaesthesia on the back ones.

But, tooth pain is a condition where treatment must not be delayed, as
a septic socket can lead to septicaemia.

True, it was just for a few hours, and I had an appointment with the dentist.