John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that Winfield Hill
-edu wrote (in
) about 'Copyright on HP service manuals',
on Mon, 25 Apr 2005:
We're
talking about the real shortage of manuals for old instruments,
where more manuals than instruments have been thrown away or lost.

If HP/Agilent still have these manuals but withhold all access to them,
then I think a good lawyer would find ample grounds for dissuading them
from that practice. It might be difficult to challenge them if they
offered them for USD200 each, but perhaps not impossible.
'What is a Moebius strip?'