John Rumm

Stefek Zaba wrote:

Until we get to a non-abstract impact: that of personal cost. First qn
here is 'how much would you pay': 30% nowt, next 45% in the "up to 20
quid" boxes. That's 75% accounted for; another 23% cap their enthusiasm
at 50 quid, with none in the 60, 70, 80, 90 bands, but the last 2% in
the "affluent patriots" box of "up to 100 nicker". (They can't *all* be
IT consultants working on privatised gummint IT, can they? :-) Second qn
says "well, HMG figure 35quid, or 85quid combined with a passport. Now
waddya think?" Our 81% fades to 68% - most of the movement being from "v

wonder how they would go with the question: Govt RIA guestimate cost of
a biometric passport is 80 quid. So lets say 120 by the time its not
vapourware, and it has had a few billion of our tax pounds back handed
into it to keep the price "realistic". Special deal add on a ID card for
another 40. Oh lest say 60 for your drivers license. So 220 is all in.
Oh and you will need to renew the b'stard things at least every 10 years

access to those databases. Do you think the gummint will keep the
national identity register and the record of all the times and places
where the ID card's been shown secure against such access?', or similar
questions giving rates of 'hacker' (cracker, really, but we've lost that
linguistic battle!) access to DB systems.

oh come on, you will be telling me they dispose of hard drives with
sensitive personal data on next.... or the MOD could lose a laptop!

Obviously could never happen;-)

--
Cheers,

John.