Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Lobster wrote:
I expect circuit (d) to cause most comment?! I don't see the need for a
dedicated cooker circuit because I'll be fitting a built-in single oven
with 13A plug (plus gas hob), which could be plugged into an ordinary
ringmain. OK?

I'd certainly have a separate ring for the kitchen - and also look
carefully at the load on that before running the oven from that. Because
it's all too easy to exceed the loading. A washing machine can take 13
amps when heating. Also a dishwasher. Drier? A kettle perhaps 10 amps.
Already, you're over the nominal 30 amps. Add in a toaster and say grill -
let alone your oven, and it's easy to see a possible problem.

2. I've got some spare 1.0mm red/black cable which I'd like to use up -
would there be any issue with me mixing-and-matching 1.0mm and 1.5mm
cable within one installation (I don't have enough 1.0mm do do the
whole house)?

None. I'd use 1.5mm for the feeds and the spare 1.0mm for the switch
drops. But for 6 amp circuits, 1.0mm is fine anyway.

--
*And don't start a sentence with a conjunction *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.