Andrew McKay

raden wrote:
I've just lost half a molar from a stone in something I ate last week.
Anybody got any suggestions for what I can patch it up with until it's
time for my dental check up ?

i.e. something that can fill, be drilled and isn't toxic ?

My advice is to get yourself an emergency appointment at the dentist.
He/she will be able to slap on a temporary filling to keep the bad guys
out until the job can be done properly.

It is possible that the damage to the tooth is such that an abscess
could form beneath the gum. Might sound unreasonable, but it's a fact
that once a tooth has had a breakage then germs can get in, and they
love the rich area around the roots.

Take it from me, an abscess is something that you wouldn't ever want to
experience again. My last one was about 40 years ago and despite the
fact that I hate the unpleasantness that sometimes accompanies a visit
to the dentist it taught me that avoiding the dentist was not an option.

Andrew

--
Please note that the email address used for posting
usenet messages is configured such that my antispam