Ian Hooksem

thanks Rick. Moral of the story being, I should not cut corners!

"Rick" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 17:12:36 GMT, "Ian Hooksem"
wrote:

Hi Group

I have a small dug garden area with a crazy paved path across it, which
shows no sign of cracking or upheaval.

I want to pave over the entire area, including where the path is, with new
paving slabs, 600x 300 size.

It will save a lot of work if I leave the path well alone, and make a hard
core layer on the garden around the path, and to the same level, and then
lay new slabs across the lot.

Is there a problem with laying new paving directly onto the old existing
path?

I anticipate using the method of a dollop of concrete under each corner of
the new slabs. the new area will only be for human use - not to have heavy
motors on it, for example.

any advice appreciated

Ian

In my experiene the problem is the garden, which will lilkley sink
more then the old path next to it.

When we did my mums, we had to lift it a few years later, and relay
where the garden had been as it had sunk.

Rick